Wednesday 1 July 2015

One of My Biggest Blessings

Oh, CANADA!!!! My home and native land!

Yes, the colour of the words are a little different. I generally do pink or purple to match the blog colour. But today is different. Because, if you are American and don't know, this is CANADA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't explain, but this Canada Day will be a little different than normal to me. However, I'm sure it'll be great! I know I will be singing all verses of "Oh, Canada". I memorized them one year, and most of the time get through all of them correctly. I especially love the last verse-a cry out to God to hold our land. Most of the time, only verse one is sung (often half in English, half in French; I don't understand much French! Sigh.), but the entire song is beautiful and patriotic. America reaches from "Sea to Sea", but did you know that Canada reaches from "Sea to Sea to Sea"? It does! Canada is also the world's second-largest country, second only to Russia. However, our population is not up there. But Canadians are wild, unusual, unique, wonderful people. I love my country, and pray for it's faults to be reversed. I love my country, and it is a part of my heart,

"Oh, Canada, I stand on guard for thee!" I do.

God bless Canada!
Indi Raine




3 comments:

  1. You're a Canadian?? Too cool!!! =) My dad and brother went on a fishing to Ontario last summer. They said it was beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you're a Canadian! I went there once when I was little, but I've always wanted to go again sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day!!!!!! I didn't know you were Canadian? I thought you were American :P

    Hurray!!!!! I've found a fellow Canadian blogger!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete