Thursday 17 September 2015

Blessing 69

Welcome back, y'all! (I've picked that up from working with Southern people this summer. I don't hear it much now that I'm back home, but I like using it on the occasional...occasion!)

Today's blessing is kind of special, and I want to tell the reason why it is so special. It was touched on in our last post (at the very end), but I'll explain it now.

Blessing 69-Jeremiah 29:11. That is my blessing. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Why is this verse special to me? Glad you asked! I've had some hard times, especially in the past half year. God knew all about it, and He put some special people into my life. Where did I meet them? At camp. (common answer) One night after I got home I was really struggling with some issues. Well, maybe "struggling" is not quite descriptive enough. I suppose that I was scared, uncertain, and probably a bit untrusting. I was upset about something. So I had e-mailed one of my special camp friends-one that I knew that I could share my heart with without her judging or ridiculing me. And she didn't. Instead she sent back an e-mail assuring me of her prayers and containing this verse that she had often mentioned at camp as being one of her favourites-Jeremiah 29:11. I know that I'd heard it before-we'd had conversations where she had told me about it being her favourite verse and why. But that night when I received her e-mail I pounced on that verse and clutched to it like a life saver floating on a stormy sea. I held onto that verse as I paced back and forth in my dark room, quoting it over and over again. It gave me comfort as I was once again reminded that God is caring for me. He's in control-He'll give me my "'expected end". He thinks "thoughts of peace, and not of evil" toward me. And He says, "I know that thoughts that I think toward you". Does that sound like a God who will forsake me in my distress or leave me to bear my burdens or fight my struggles alone? No! I'll say this my own way (there's a Bible verse, but I'll rephrase it with an Indi-touch), but God is never going to leave me or forsake me or cast me off. He'll be with me all the way and carry me when I can't walk. There is nothing that I need to be afraid of. That night this verse brought me hope. It is currently written on a mini chalkboard in my room to continue to remind me of this promise from my wonderful God! And I hope that God will use this verse to help you-maybe it will give you hope, reassure you of His love, or maybe it will come to mind in the future! Just let all praise be to this wonderful God who promises that He has a great plan for lives! Remember to live it all for Him!

God bless you!
  Your blest friend,
   Indi

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this!! That is a great verse. I will have to write down the reference so I don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete