Sunday 17 May 2015

Blessings #4, #5, and #6

Good morning on the Lord's day! Let me name three blessings this morning!

Blessing #1-Church
   My church is a blessing to me! Sometimes I wish were in another church (with more young people), but really I have a lot of friends! They range from age two to age ?, but there are wonderful people who attend our church. And God is working! There are several people seeking baptism and church membership, and there's going to be a wedding this fall. I love the blessings of working in the nursery with the children's ministry. I love the pot-luck Sunday. I love the chances to sing duets and in groups. I love that I have my very own ministry-writing plays for our Christmas program! I love the laughter. We are a small group, and those who show up on Wednesday night are the faithful core of the church. We know common prayer requests, we gladly welcome the elderly (one man has a special van for transporting elderly folk, and that is an amazing ministry that he and his wife do), and it is always exciting when we see God answering our prayers!

Blessing #2-Singing
   I love singing at church. Now our church is not that musically incline-I'm probably one of the most trained musicians, but I'm classical (I don't play hymns). Also, most folks sing quietly. But I'm a little different. Some people (from a very talented, musical church) who visit our church occasionally, said that they always feel like they are singing very loud-we are very quiet. Now, there are two reasons for that. 1.) We ARE a quiet church! and 2.) They are great singers, and every one wants to listen to them! Also, and evangelist came through, and told us to "sing from the bottom of your heart at the top of your lungs". So I just about do that-just not quite the top of my lungs! I love to sing out, and I hope it encourages others to sing with a full heart as well. Seriously, does "Joy bells ringing in my heart" sound good when sung by people who are mumbling out the words and not thinking about the words? NO!!! Also, I enjoy singing with the choir (laugh-we practice several times a year, usually before Bible Conference, Christmas, or Easter-so I like singing in it when we have it), in small groups (like last Sunday), and duets with my sister (which I'd like to be doing once a month). My sister and I singing together a fair bit-I think we sound good together. She used to overpower me all the time (she would sing so loudly that the choir director would be telling her that she needed to sing more quietly), but now its me telling her that she needs to sing louder! After that long paragraph, maybe you can tell why I am thankful for the blessing of singing (and why I hate when I'm sick-I can't hit the high notes [or any notes, a good bit of the time!])!!!!!!

Blessing #3-A Christian Radio Station
   I'm listening to it right now. I actually met this speaker, so I enjoy listening to him-he loves preaching about revival. Now, I do not like CCM, which is a big component on this station, but Sunday morning usually has some good preachers on the waves. It is encouraging to hear the last part of a message when waking up on Sunday (or Monday). Currently, the message is on following Jesus no matter the cost. Anyway, it is a blessing to be encouraged to have revival in my life just about every Sunday morning (if I have time to sit down and listen before rushing off to church!).

What are your three Sunday blessings?
God bless!
Indi

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post! My three Sunday blessings would be:
    1.) My family. We had so much fun together today :)
    2.) A church that preaches the truth. That can be so hard to find!
    3.) Salvation! The greatest gift ever given!
    I'm so looking forward to reading all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! And a great reminder to be thankful for everyday blessings that we sometimes take for granted! :) My three Sunday blessings would be:
    1: Having a dad for a pastor. You can ask him theological questions anytime! ;)
    2: Having wonderful, Christian friends that believe all the same things you believe.
    3: Having a church that preaches the literal truth of the gospel. Unfortunately, this is rare in the USA nowadays. :(

    ReplyDelete